Monday, May 12, 2008

Chripy Chawla Speaks

The one and only Juhi Chawla recenly did an interview with...I don't know who. Here are some interesting parts of the interview:

They had screen tested me for the part of Draupadi for Mahabharat You mentioned in the Press conference that you have worked once with B.R Chopra before. Can you clarify that a bit?
(Laughs) Yeah. This is going back to my Miss India title. After winning the title, I got an offer from B.R Chopra saab to work in their tele series Mahabharat. In fact, they screen tested me for the part of Draupadi. I was selected too but at the same time, I got another offer to work in Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak which happened to be my debut film. So I had to choose between the two. What happened next, everyone knows.

Why don't we see you along with SRK in all the IPL matches? You both are owners of the Kolkata Knight Riders and you should be attending.
I am so busy with my two kids that I just cannot leave them. But it's Jai, my husband, and SRK who have the control over what's going on in the IPL. I hope that Kolkata Knight Riders win the tournament. Do you know, I am not even following the matches? Such is my halat. Shah Rukh is such an excellent marketing guy that right from the special music video for our team to the clothes they wear, he wants everything in the right place. No compromises there for him. But I have attended couple of matches with him. Let me get back to India and I'll have a think about it again.

Shah Rukh is such an excellent marketing guy. He wants everything in the right place. No compromises there for him This is the first time you have sung a song in the film. How was the experience?
Now that's been the highlight of today's event. Pehle nachvaenge aur ab gavaenge (laughs). I have trained myself as a classical vocalist and when I was given a chance to sing, I did. The song is called 'Jaane Do' which is a slow number. You will soon find out after seeing the film whether I've got my career in singing or acting (laughs).


No comments: